Brad's Beat: NEO Transfer & Job Fair - Four States Homepage

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tianna Jackson and Daysheauna Crooms have been a good team for years. They're freshman at NEO in Miami, but they've been friends since middle school. 

The two attended the NEO Transfer and Job Fair and they say this first year of college they've really buckled down. 

"It is hard--you think you want to be here to get out of your parents' house, but when you come here, you really have to be on top of everything," future pediatrician Tianna Jackson explained.

Tianna wants to be a pediatrician and she says her younger brother, who has diabetes, has inspired her.  

"I want to become his doctor. So by the time I become a doctor, he'll still be a child," Jackson added.

She grew up in a house with eight kids, and one bathroom. So, she's used to working with kids. 

"It's really hard. We had a big house, but there's always kids running around," Jackson said.

Her friend Daysheauna wants to be a defense attorney and she says her family has told her for years she'd be perfect. 

"My grandma always told me I have a big mouth. So, I felt maybe I should use my mouth. I love to talk. I love to debate," explained future defense attorney Daysheauna Crooms.

And, she has the gift of persuasion. 

"I can sell a candy bar for more than it's worth," said Crooms.

But, her real reason is to give a fair defense, which she says several of her family members never got. 

"It ends up in court and I don't think they're being defended right and well. So, it motivated me. I felt I could do a better job," Crooms explained.

While at the career fair, the ladies also filled out paperwork to join the National Guard.

"The National Guard has just always something that has interested me because the job opportunities they have," Jackson added.

Both ladies are considering transferring to Oklahoma State University to continue pursuing their dreams.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Let's block ads! (Why?)


Feed

IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More than 600 attend Windy City Times Job Fair at Center on Halsted - Windy City Times