Stripes holds job fair for new Seguin location - Seguin Gazette-Enterprise

 More than 100 people walked in and out of the local Alamo Workforce Solutions Thursday hoping for a fresh start with a new company coming to Seguin — Stripes.

Stripes, which also has it's own restaurant, Laredo Taco Company, held a job fair hosted by Seguin Workforce Solutions Center. 

"This was the second event we hosted for Stripes and we were pleased with the turn-out as job seekers came in steadily throughout the day," Seguin Workforce Solutions Center Business Solutions Representative Michelle Martin said.  

Among the job seekers looking to work with Stripes was Luling resident Cassandra Adeyemi.

She said because the company was new to the area, she thought it would provide new and better opportunities.

"I worked with a new company before — Cornerstore ... and they were pretty good," she said. "I figured it'd be like that, if not better. I'm interested in seeing how it works. A new experience, a new career."

it'd be like that, if not better. I'm interested in seeing how it works. A new experience, a new career."

Adeyemi said she applied for both sales and restaurant associate positions and even attended the Stripes job fair hosted by Workforce Solutions last week. 

"When I first came last week, I applied for the kitchen side, but with me being pregnant, I don't think I want to do all that over again like I did at the Cornerstore," she said. "So, I applied for the sales position (because) I don't want to be slipping and falling. I know it's (sales position) still going be work, but I think it'll be better."

Seguin resident Paul Jamison said he also was attracted to applying to work at Stripes because it was a new company. However, instead of being a sales associate, he said he fancies himself in the kitchen.   

"I've managed a Kentucky Fried Chicken store, I worked at Pizza Hut and I worked at several restaurants," he said. "I always equate it to that ad, where the guy is selling donuts and he goes in and out and he meets himself coming in and out, because that's basically what you do at a restaurant. You're there all the time you're either coming or going."

Martin said that although Stripes has already held two job fairs recently, including this one, the need for another fair will depend on the initial hires. 

She said 58 people already have been hired after the two earlier events. 

Seguin Workforce Center will partner with the Seguin Economic Development Center and New Braunfels Development Center for the next job fair from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. on Oct. 13 at the Central Texas Technology Center. 

Employers who are looking to hold a hiring event, or for more information about the next job fair, call Seguin Workforce Center at 830-379-4244.

Let's block ads! (Why?)


IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More than 600 attend Windy City Times Job Fair at Center on Halsted - Windy City Times